Omega J8004 Commercial Masticating Juicer Review: All the benefits… none of the frustration
Unless you’ve been living on a desert island somewhere for the last 50 years, you are undoubtedly aware of juicing, and the benefits that it imparts. There are countless options available–an Amazon search returned over 6500 options in just a fraction of a second. With so many choices, making a decision on which juicer is best for your needs can be a daunting task. Our review today for the Omega J8004 Nutrition Center Commercial Masticating Juicer should hopefully give you some information and help you narrow down your choices to find the best fit for your lifestyle.
The Omega Masticating Juicer J8004is a masticating style juicer, sometimes referred to as a low-speed juicer. It’s 80rpm speed is designed to protect and maintain healthy enzymes, allow juice to be stored for up to 72 hours without spoiling and prevent oxidation. With the equivalent of a 2HP motor, the GE Ultem Auger is 8x stronger than most other plastics, and the dual-stage extraction processing system is designed to extract the maximum amount of juice from fruits, vegetables, leafy greens and even wheatgrass. It can also be used to make nut butter, baby food, soy milk and pasta, as well as grinding coffee and spices, and mincing herbs and garlic. With a compact 11″ x 8″ footprint, .this versatile machine will become an indispensable kitchen staple in no time
The Omega J8004 Nutrition Center is a powerful, high-efficiency juicer. It is easy to use and easy to clean up, making it the natural choice for daily usage. Key features include…
- 72 hour storage with no loss of nutrients or oxidation
- Powerful gear reduction equivalent to a 2HP motor
- Maximum extraction of nutrients, taste, vitamins and juice from a minimum amount of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens and even wheatgrass.
- Dual extraction system. Juice is first extracted by crushing the fruit or vegetable, and then the pulp is squeezed during a second pressing stage. This results in a very dry pulp with a higher yield of juice.
- Low speed juicer processes at 80rpms. low speed, or masticating style juicer squeezes instead of grinding, which allows the juice to maintain it’s color, natural taste, vitamins and nutrients.
- Low speed does not mean longer juicing time, but more efficient. More nutrients and antioxidants, plus better flavor and freshness.
- 15-year warrenty
- Other Exclusive Features and Discount
What others are saying…
“This juicer rocks! It’s great with greens and pretty much everything I put down it.”
“Overall, I find the performance of the Omega far superior to that of the Champion. Will it hold up for 35 years? I don’t know. But if it lasts for only 10 to 15 years I will gladly replace it with another because of the improvement in juicing performance and versatility.”
“It has pretty much replaced my blender and food processor, I am a fan of raw food recipes, and while the recipe book suggests that something will take 50 min to prepare (due to the use of blender and food processor) I finished the dish in 30 min…it does a great job with nuts and all hard foods.”
“LOVE LOVE LOVE this juicer! We have been using it 2 times a day for almost 3 months now . We are absolutly hooked!! We have learned to cut up our fruits and vegies. The smaller the better. We don’t mind at all as we get so much more juice this way. Used to use a “Champion” juicer….but the omega is so much better! We get more juice. It does not clog up with greens like Kale and Spinach. And it cleans up and is put back together in less than 1 minute. I am serious. Less than 1 minute!!!”
Omega Juicer J8004 Pros and Cons
- Compact 11″ x 8″ footprint
- 15-year warranty
- Easy clean-up
- Multi functional with included attachments
- Narrow (1.5″ feed tube)
- Soft/juicy items like cucumbers may need to be pushed through to avoid jamming
- Takes longer to juice than a centrifugal juicer
Customers Common Questions and Answers:
How many separate parts need to be cleaned after use? Are any special tools required to break down?
“You could literally take it apart with your eyes closed. There are no tools and no tricks to taking it apart. The juicer itself has four parts. Of those four only two really get much on them, the auger and the funnel piece. The other two are an end twist on cap and the main housing both of which are easy to clean. I general clean with just my hands and water. They include a brush but I only need it if I use the strainer. The plunger is a 10 second wash.”
How pulpy is the juice?
Is this suitable for international use? (220v)