Our Best Blender Comparison Buying Guide: Mix Up The Perfect Drink
Whether you’re looking to eat healthier or whip up a tasty treat blenders are a must these days. But not all blenders are created equal- buying a blender is like buying a car: you need to pick the one that not only looks good, but performs well too. Otherwise, you’re stuck with a lemon and the only place a lemon should be is in your blender. From pureeing fruits and vegetables to whipping up smoothies, the right blender can transform the way you and your family eat. That’s why we’ve created this Best Blender Buying Guide to help you choose.
There are so many different styles, sizes and types of blenders that researching and finding the right one could take forever. That’s where we come in. We’ve put in hours of research, looking at customer reviews and testing out some models our-self, to find the ultimate group of blenders. Every one on our list is high-quality and has something special to offer. We also have a handy list of what to look for, what to avoid and a breakdown of all the benefits of owning one of these nifty devices. Cheers!
Benefits of A Blender
Why should you invest in a blender? Let’s go over what makes them so great-and necessary:
- They Promote A Healthier Lifestyle: Blenders provide a quick, efficient way to ingest healthy foods- like fruits and vegetables. Yes, you could eat more fruits and vegetables, but you won’t because many of those foods taste a bit yucky.
That’s the beauty of a blender: you can mix some of these not-so-tasty but healthy foods (hello brussel sprouts) to delicious ones (hello strawberries) and never know the difference! Better yet, your kids will never know either. With a blender you (and the little ones) get your nutrients, minus the suffering.
- They Are Convenient: With our busy lifestyles a blender provides a fast way to fill you and your family up. You can make the kids a tasty breakfast smoothie before school or stir up a ice cold fruit juice before work. Either way you can have a drink ready to go in seconds, one that gives you enough nutrients to get you going when you need it most.
- They Introduce You To New Tastes: These appliances allow you to taste and create new flavor combinations, expanding your options. Juicing won’t seem so boring, or unappealing when you start mixing exotic fruits you never would have tried before.
Likewise, with a blender you can make the perfect drink for a hot summer day. The possibilities are endless.
Top 5 Rated Blenders: Let’s Compare them Head-to-Head
If you want a no-nonsense blender that gets the job done then this is the one for you. This model puts out 600 watts and has 7 different speeds, so you can create the perfect drink every time.
With a stainless-steel “ice-crusher” blade and 6-cup capabilities it is ideal for smoothies, slushies and more for friends and family. Customers can’t stop raving about how “powerful and efficient” it is or how “a device so great is so affordable”. At just under $70 this blender is a smart choice for families.
If you’re looking for a high-quality blender that can put out large volumes then you may want to consider the Vitamix. This powerhouse blender boasts a commercial-grade, 2-speed motor, so it can make just about anything: chop, puree, blend and more with this all-in-one device It also has a jar that holds up to 64-ounces, which is great if you want to whip up juices for the week or have a big family.
Consumers say this is a “must-have” device and they give it 5-stars when it comes to performance. Even though it is expensive (around $320), it is worth it because it can handle all your kitchen needs. Great for families who want to eat better or need fast, healthy choices.
This blender is the ultimate blend of style and function- all for under $100. The Ninja Pro has 900-watts of power, putting it in the same class with professional blenders, yet is compact and sleek, so it looks good sitting on your counter. It is also an excellent device for extracting not just juice, but vitamins and nutrients as well from for your foods.
It has a patented Ninja Pro Extractor blade that can crush and go through stems, skin, seeds and more- all you have to do is throw your fruits in and it does the rest, no peeling or de-seeding.
Shoppers say it’s a “great blender at a great rice” and love how “compact and powerful” it is. If you are serious about your health or want a easy, mid-size blender then look no further.
Boasting 1100 watts of crushing capability the Ninja Professional can make any drink in seconds. This appliance can crush and blend whole fruits, ice and more with the push of a button, delivering mouth-watering drinks every time.
With a 72-ounce capacity jar and frozen blending abilities this device is a perfect fit for families or those who entertain a lot. With reviews like, “it’s the best blender ever” and “what an amazing blender- it works just as quick as it promises” you can’t go wrong. The best part is it’s just over $100, so it works well with any budget.
For those looking for a device to take with them the Magic Bullet is a solid choice. It is lightweight and portable, but still delivers 600-watts to crush and pulverize fruits, veggies and more. It also comes with a full line of accessories, putting everything you need right at your fingertips.
It has a patented blade with cyclonic action– so it gets every vitamin out of your foods and comes with different sized cups, so you make as much or as little as you want and is easy to use. Consumers love “how easy it is to use” and say it is” a great way to get your veggies in everyday” At just under $90 a smart pick for commuters and those who want to find a way to eat more healthy and our choice for the best buy.
What To Look For In A Blender
When buying one of these appliances there are several factors to consider. You want t he model that fits in best with your lifestyle and use. Here are the key things to look for:
- Size: It turns out size DOES matter when it comes to blenders. The size you need depends on who and why you’re buying one. If you have a spouse and kids you may want a blender that is large enough to whip up several drinks at once. Blenders are supposed to make things easier: making 1 or 2 drinks at a time is neither easy or effective.
However, if you are single or will be the only one using it then a smaller, compact blender might be best. Also, consider how you are using it before buying. For instance, if you are only using it to make yourself a morning juice then a small appliance is best. You can juice and drink from it,saving you time and making your device even more convenient.
- Power/Watts: Your blender must be strong enough to do what you need, which all comes down to the watts. If you create a lot of icy drinks you need one that puts out a high wattage. Same goes if you juice a lot- you don’t want to wait an hour for a half a cup of juice.
Pick a device that will put out enough watts to help you create what you and your family want to drink. Just remember: there is no such thing as too much power, but there is such a thing as too little. What good is having a device to help you make the perfect Pina Colada if it can’t make the perfect Pina Colada?
- Style: The trickiest part when shopping for a blender is deciding on the style- you must combine how you live with what you need. If you are a stay-at-home mom you may want to consider a traditional blender style that is easy to understand. Something you can leave on the counter so it’s ready to go when you need it and doesn’t have a lot of extras.
Those who travel or commute, on the other hand, may want a bullet-style. Bullet-style models can go anywhere and easily fit in your bag or even brief case.
Once you figure that out you should consider why you are using it. If you juice you need a model with a pulp tray/extraction capabilities- which not all blenders have. Likewise, if you blend up a lot of smoothies you need one that can work quickly and blend effortlessly.
Tips For Choosing The Right Blender
When you choose a blender you want to pick one that feels like it will deliver what you need. Don’t pick the one you think you should pick- pick the one that feels best. You don’t want to be swayed by fancy extras you don’t need, or get one that doesn’t do everything you want it to.
Now that you know all the benefits of using a blender, here are some tips on things to look for:
- Choose the right materials: If you are busy or don’t want a lot of upkeep pick one that’s stainless steel or has a matte finish; glass has to be cleaned just right or it looks funny.
- Decide if you are going to juice: If so you want a style that can handle large amounts of fruits, or one that extracts quickly.
- Look for a model that is quiet if you need to use it early in the morning or have small kids- no need to wake anyone.
- Make sure you choose a model that is easy to use and read all the instructions before using it.
As you can see from our Best Blender Buying Guide, there are many great benefits and uses to owning a blender. They are perfect for improving your health and make it easy to add more nutritious foods to your diet, and your kids too. They also provide you with a simple way to explore your tastes and try new flavors and types of drinks.
There are a lot of great models available, but as you see from out list the Magic Bullet was our top choice thanks to its impressive power and loads of extras, giving you the best value for your money. It also delivers perfectly blended drinks that are nutritious and yummy- at home or on the go. Just remember that no matter which one you choose, it will change the way you live- for the better.